Sunday, January 09, 2022

Loving newer technology

 So I take a daily insulin shot now. My nurse practitioner said it would be best to wait until after Christmas to start the new program. I had to agree. She said a small daily dose of insulin would go a long way to stabilizing my blood-sugar count. At first I was nervous about the idea of giving myself a daily shot, but the days of using a full syringe to withdraw insulin from a vial are over. 

I now use an "injection pen" that puts a pre-measured dose of insulin into the needle. I jab myself in the belly and the dose goes in.  I have to use an alcohol swab and I change the needle tip every day with a new needle. Less pain than a finger jab to test my blood-sugar level. The needles are small and super sharp. I am amazed at the how the technology makes everything so easy now.


No comments: