Friday, January 15, 2021

Happy 60th baby sister ...

 Had a nice quick chat with Debra on Friday... she had company and there was a hockey game on. So our usual long chat was cut short. But it was nice to wish her a happy birthday. She asked if I remembered the day she was born. I did. It was a bitterly freezing cold day in Portage La Prairie, Manitoba in 1961. Dad piled the three boys into the station wagon and we drove down onto the frozen lake where we could see Mom and the new baby sister in the hospital window. 

This week I did something memorable in the sense that I think I was falling behind and had to catch up. I have some beautiful new crystal whiskey glasses that I got for Christmas. I was putting Christmas things away Thursday night when I noticed the glasses. Figured, what the heck. Let's try 'em out. Then I realized that this was the first glass of whiskey I had enjoyed in the new year. Yes I had a drink on New Year's Eve, but I was in bed before midnight (Thank you COVID restrictions).

So I poured myself a nice double shot of Chivas and sat back to really enjoy the evening. Ha ha ha. Again I was in bed before midnight. 


No comments: