Sunday, January 10, 2021

Hope and pray for better days ...

 So here is the first post of the new year and I have to say I am still baffled by what happened in Washington DC this week when protesters stormed the Capitol building. I can't say I am totally surprised but I was sure startled when I sat with two of my co-workers in the newsroom and we began calling up various video news feeds of the pro-Trump gang rioting. It was like watching a bizarre movie. It was to be expected I suppose given that the U.S. president has a serious mental health problem and was acting out to encourage his followers to take action and stop the election confirmation vote in Congress. Trump called out his own vice-president Mike Pence, who refused to take illegal action. 

Anyway, there are 10 days left and then Mr. Biden becomes Mr. President. I don't think the next 10 days are going to be completely peaceful. Okay so this is not a judgement thing, but I honestly think a lot of Trump followers have mental illness issues as well. They seem to believe anything and are willing to follow the cult leader like he is a new age Jim Jones. Let's hope and pray for better days in America.  

No comments: