Saturday, July 20, 2019

Damn, I shouldn't have done that.

So today began so nicely when I decided to have an iced coffee for breakfast. I added half a cup of strong coffee, some ice cream, milk and a bit of chocolate syrup in the blender. Yeah! It tasted just as good as you can imagine.
I sat down, fired up the Internet and enjoyed my ice drink.  I was drawn to the Timmins obituaries by the news that an elderly man there was killed in an accident downtown on Thursday.
That’s when I began to browse recent obit notices in Timmins. Damn, I shouldn’t have done that. So many familiar faces of people I really liked have died in the six months that I left Timmins. I was truly saddened to read that Ted Tichinoff died in June. A really good guy, and he was just too young to die. Then I saw that Helmut Twardowski died. Helmut was older, but I will miss him.  Also my good friend Ivor Jones. We always had a smile and handshake whenever we met. I turned another page and saw that Sonny Newton died also. Sonny always had something interesting to talk about. What a loss. So it certainly makes me think I have to be more appreciative of the people I meet. 

No comments: