Monday, February 18, 2019

Life goes on ...

Things are going well now that I consider my second month in Sudbury. It's nice to be able to see Tyler, Nathan, Scott and Jenn so easily. I spent Super Bowl Sunday at their place, had a few beers and was able to stay there, without worrying about driving home after drinking. It was so relaxing and the food was outstanding! I do not miss the 300 kilometre drive from Timmins.
The work is good too. We got our first 2019 issue of the magazine completed on time and ready for the PDAC convention in Toronto.  That's where I will be two weeks from now. It will be fun to meet all the interesting mining people from around the world.
I have been focussing a lot on work, but that's because I am still learning all the different responsibilities with the job. That is working out okay. I find I am still not working as many hours as I did in the daily newsroom in Timmins, but that is because the writing is not as urgent. Still I like being part of the Northern Life newsroom. It is a good place, and best of all it is not a corporate newsroom... it is an independent business.
I also had a chance to see Jennifer at work one day recently when I covered a news event at the hospital. It was cool to see Jenn at work, being all serious and everything. But she still has that Jenn grin! I took a nice photo.

The weather so far this winter in Northern Ontario has been cold and snowy and certainly has people talking. It is the same in Timmins, North Bay and Sudbury. We had one nasty day not too long ago with icy rain. The build up of ice on the vehicle was just ridiculous. So there I was that morning banging away at the bottom of the windshield to get break the ice. Crrrack! I broke the ice and cracked the windshield! I think I also broke a record for the number of curse words I spoke that morning :) .
Life goes on.


No comments: