Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Power ... it's everything!

It's the best one hundred bucks I've spent this year. Actually it was $112 and it was on sale. It's one of these new lithium battery booster thingies. It was super cold in Sudbury - minus 42 weather on the weekend -- and the old Nitro would not start.  I was happy to call the roadside guy that I pay for,  to come and boost the battery. It worked fine. I was wondering if I needed a new battery but the tow truck guy said I might be better off getting one of those battery boost jump starters. I decided he was right. So I headed off to Canadian Tire to buy one. There was a young guy stocking the shelves when I was there. I noticed there were two items on sale. One was the old fashioned heavy battery booster pack and the other was this little battery pack, smaller than a box of Kleenex. The kid explained that the old fashioned battery pack actually had a full lead-acid battery inside, whereas the new battery had a small but powerful lithium pack. He said he bought one for himself. I figured he might be driving one of those little four-cylinder foreign cars. He said he drove a big old Chevy Silverado 1500 and he had used the battery pack a half dozen or so times to boost his truck. That sold me. I bought the little pack. Took it home, hooked it up to my six-cylinder frozen Jeep engine and it worked just fine. The vehicle roared to life. So I was at work today when one of my co-workers said he had to go home to boost his wife's car. I jumped up and offered him to try out my new battery pack. He took it home and it worked nicely. He said he was impressed. An hour later he was back at my desk. One of the ladies at work could not start her car in the back parking lot. I gave him the battery booster again and yes, it worked perfectly. He's a hero. I'm a hero. LOL

No comments: