Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Summer is good. So is beer ...


Okay, so one of the good things happening this very hot summer is beer. I noticed it this past week since Neil left a few cans of beer in my fridge. I am not a big beer drinker; only three or four a week. But I do like different tastes. Neil and I are the same that way.  (I should mention he also bought me a fabulous bottle of Irish whiskey!)I got tired of the old corporate beers years ago. Besides most are owned by American companies now. I don’t go to the Beer Store anymore because it is owned by the Americans too.
Two things have happened recently. One is the hot, hot summer we are having in Ontario. The other is that Ontario finally relented and we can buy beer in many grocery stores here. It makes it easier to pick up a couple of beers when I am out buying stuff for supper. I like to try different brands, mostly lagers and pilsners. I am not a big fan of hoppy ales.  So I like beer, but I am not brand loyal. Beer companies hate guys like me. The other good thing is that I am seeing more and more craft breweries, producing very nice local beers. Jenn calls them weird beer.
On some really hot days, nothing is better than enjoying a cold beer in the evening. Usually one 500 ml can is enough. So yes, beer is good, and so is the summer. Cheers.

No comments: