Thursday, July 04, 2013

This is NOT a complaint

Living in Timmins, one learns not to 'complain' about warm weather. It's just one of those things. Winter here can be long and weary for some, so when the warm weather arrives most people embrace it. I do not. I hide. The heat just drives me down. I have been spending most of my days in the living room, perched in front of the fan, enjoying a book and a beverage. As a whiskey drinker, I have not been faithful. I think I might have had two glasses of whiskey in the past ten days. I have downed at least two litres of lemonade, a few more litres of iced tea and roughly one beer a day for the past two weeks. Beer just manages to quench a thirst like no other beverage. I also wake up earlier these days, have a cooling shower and rush in to work at about 6:45 or 7:00 a.m. I do get more work done, but then when I leave to go home, the heat is sweltering around 3:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. Oh well, just so you know, I am NOT complaining. : )

No comments: