Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just like Christmas at the train station ...



Timmins does some really cool things every now and then. Tonight I just got home from the Welcome To Timmins event. It’s an annual thing where all the different service clubs, social agencies, corporate employers and even radio stations set up at the curling rink and meet people. The whole idea is for new residents in the city to go and find out what’s going on and who to talk to for everything from education to employment to shopping and snow-shoeing. I like it. Of course, after living in Timmins for a few years, I am confident I know where things are and who to see for information. But I like to go for other reasons. It’s like being at the train station at Christmas in the old days. You meet everyone you haven’t seen in ages. Of course, I see lots of people all year, but I rarely get more than a minute or two to say Hi, when I’m working. So tonight,  I spent nearly three hours gabbing and gossiping with old friends and I had a great time! Can’t wait till next year.

No comments: