Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Deadwood

I have downloaded Season One of an award-winning TV series called Deadwood. It's a semi-fictional account of life in a gold mining camp back in South Dakota the 1870s. Some of it is quite good, but some of it is not. Each episode is about 55 minutes long, but if they took out the cussing and swear words, an episode might be 30 minutes. I know the writers want to keep things authentic, but this is just silly. But I'm at the point where I've watched eight episodes, so now I have to see it through to the end. It's still a good story.
Speaking of good stories, don't rush when you're in the book store! I zipped into The Book Bin last week to load up on six new novels. I glanced at the names of the authors and bought the books. At home this week I discovered that I had read two of the books already; one of them as recently as August!

No comments: