Monday, June 14, 2010

Can you dig this?

If I am smiling the biggest smile today it's because I lucked into a jazz album I sure never expected to buy. Well, maybe that's not true because with ebay and amazon.com you can buy almost anything. But on Sunday I dropped into a record store that I rarely visit. I was actually looking for a movie DVD, but I dropped by the jazz section and found a fabulous CD by Miles Davis called Kind of Blue. It was recorded in 1959 by Columbia Records. Among some of those joining Miles was John Coltrane and Cannonball Adderley. I am a jazz fan, but I don't know enough to be a jazz snob. I'm working on it. Some people consider this not only Davis' best ever album, but the best jazz album ever produced. So I snuck out of the office today and I'm working from home with the stereo just sizzlin' with some of the best music I've ever enjoyed. Some of my friends know I have this silly rule "55 to 75" that basically says if the music wasn't produced between those years of 1955 to 1975, it's not really that good. Think about that!
Album Photo Copyright: PHOTOGRAPHER JAY MAISEL.

No comments: