Saturday, June 19, 2010

Intermission!

I don't watch a lot of movies, but when I do I like to make it an "event". Such was the case earlier this week, when I purchased Lawrence of Arabia on Blu Ray DVD. I had seen it before, but like a good book, I figured it was worth seeing again. The music score alone was worth the price. So I had a fabulous ribeye steak, a bottle of wine and salad and sat down to watch the movie. It was grrreat. Suddenly, the tv screen went black and the word INTERMISSION appeared. Wow, it has been years since I saw that. I remember years ago in cinema houses that meant it was time to get more popcorn and pop. So I enjoyed my intermission with a visit to the loo and then another glass of wine. By the way, the movie really was worth seeing again. The photography was outstanding. The film was produced in 1962. It was nominated for TEN Academy Awards. It won seven, including Best Picture. One thing I noticed was there was no profanity in the movie... I think the worst word was damn!

No comments: