Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy Saturday eh.

Friday was a good day in many ways. Jenn and I chatted for quite a while last night. She was at home of course, because the med team gave her a weekend away from the hospital. She was quite proud to inform that in her physio-therapy on Friday she managed to walk a few steps on her own, without holding onto anything. Wow! She says there’s lots of work to do yet, because her knees lock up and she still has a pins and needles sensation in her feet. But she took a few solo steps and that’s what counts. I am so proud of her in so many ways.
I went out last night to a pub for the first time in about six months. It was nice. Enjoyed a glass of Jameson’s whiskey. The downside was to share a drink with a friend moving out of town to a new job.
The weather this winter is pretty wonky. We’ve had a few really nice and cold days, but too many mild days. I was hoping to get out in the bush for some snowshoeing, but the snow is too wet and squishy. Oh I guess I will get out soon anyway.
Monday should be interesting. The mayor and the Goldcorp mine manager say a big announcement will be made Monday morning. Timmins could some good news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go jenn!! so wish i could be there. you can do it!
hmmm len wonder whats up with goldcorp, keep me updated. lots of people been out jobs that could be good news if something was starting up again. my dad got laid off in sudbury last year and i think is still looking. Ta