Saturday, January 09, 2010

And so it goes...

There was good news from Jennifer this week. She has moved from the fourth floor cancer unit down to the Rehabilitation wing at the new Sudbury Regional Hospital. (I wrote down the room number, but it’s on my desk at work.) Jenn says she misses the med staff on the cancer floor but is sure she will enjoy the rehab floor just as much. She has a recreational therapist, a physio-therapist, an occupational therapist and a social worker. And of course Denise (Scott’s Mom) is her personal pal and all-round excellent helper. Jenn is confident she will learn to walk again. So that’s a good thing. I was chatting earlier this week and as we signed off, Jenn said she was heading out to Tim Horton’s. I asked her how she does that. She said she jumps in her wheel chair, grabs a book and zooms down to the second floor of the hospital where there is a Timmie’s beside the cafeteria. This morning we were chatting on the phone, but she had to sign off early since Nathan, Tyler and Scott are all playing hockey today and they had to head out to the arena. I am doing housework this morning. Busy as ever. And I had to do laundry too. It seems the laundry room in this building is something of a social centre. I met a little cutie there this week. Very interesting lady. We had a nice chat. Her name is Lina. She is 94.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol, you are entertaining. thanks for the info. say hi to jenn for me, hopefully by the time i ever get there, this summer hopefully. she will be back at home with the family.
tasha