Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Len goes to church.

Yeah I know I should go more often. ~ I was in Manhattan on Ash Wednesday when I noticed everyone was lining up to get into St. Patrick's Cathedral, one of the few great gothic churches in North America. It's quite beautiful. If you've ever read Ken Follett's book Pillars of the Earth, you will love the architecture here. I figure it doesn't hurt to score a few of those holy brownie points, so I dropped in, made an offering, lit a candle, said a prayer for all you sinners and got ashes. For those not familiar, the rite of ashes placed on the forehead in the sign of the cross, symbolizes our mortality. I think the priest got carried away. I think he put more ashes on my forehead than was left over after poor Joan of Arc was burned at the stake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Len, we think you have extra Ashes because they were converted to Canadian...