Wednesday, March 08, 2006

High Tea at the Ritz!

It's one of those things you gotta try ... at least once, especially when you're travelling with women! After a day of rushing around NY it was agreed we would stop and relax in the most elegant way possible. We dropped in at the Ritz Carlton Hotel on Park Avenue for High Tea.
I figured I would fit right in. I was wearing a snowmobile vest and jeans! I didn't have the black tie and dinner jacket packed for this trip. The ladies all went for the desserts. Pia had the Creme Brulee, Laurie had the freshly baked chocholate cream cake with ice cream, Susan had the sherbet and fruit sorbet, all with cappucino coffee. I enjoyed a double manhattan cocktail and some peanuts. The service was amazing. The staff was nice too. Especially Bernhart ( don't call him Bernie!) It was nice. Relaxing. Definitely NOT Tim Horton's!

No comments: