Monday, July 31, 2023

Barbie Vs Bobby Vs The Bomb

I am really amazed by all the hype surrounding the release of the new movies this month, one about the Barbie doll and the other about Bobby - that is Robert Oppenheimer. I guess I am pleased and looking forward to the Oppenheimer story and movie. It is such an important part of modern history. But on the other hand, I guess I get a kick out of the millions of people rushing out to see the Barbie movie. It has to be te purest form of escapism so I wish people all the best with that.
I have read tonnes of background on the history of Manhattan Project and how Canada was involved. There was even a news reporter in North Bay, Ontario who knew a bit about what was going on at the time, but he was visited by the RCMP and told he could not reveal anything. It was a hell of a good story though when World War 2 came to an end. Several years ago, I read Fred Kaplans book The Bomb. I recommend it.

No comments: