Sunday, February 26, 2023

Rest In Peace, Susan

 Was saddened just recently to learn of the death of Suzanne Campbell, Terry's oldest sister. Her death came quickly and involved emphysema and pneumonia.

I drove up to Timmins to attend the funeral. Much as it was sad to see her daughters Sherry and Cathy, it was heartwarming to see them along with all the other family members who were able to attend. I didn't want to be there, but it was far more important to see the family members and pay respects. (Click to see a larger image)

Interestingly, because of distance and winter in Northern Ontario, some family members were not able to attend. I was surprised  during the actual funeral service to see a couple of smartphone cameras had been set up to that the funeral could be livestreamed on social media. I had never seen this before but I was assured it is becoming a common thing. 

Rest In Peace Aunt Sue.  

No comments: