Friday, March 20, 2020

Things change ...

I came to Sudbury just over 15 months ago to take over as the new editor of the Sudbury Mining Solutions Journal. I was more than pleased to meet and get to know all the people I worked with. Sadly, many of those people including myself were laid off this week. Our company was sold to another publishing company that is all on the internet. They do not have any newspapers or magazines. So it is nice that the company is continuing but I feel bad for many people caught in the middle of this change.
I went into the office today to clean out my desk and send out a few notes to freelance writers and others I have worked with. I was more than pleased with the kindness of their words and messages of encouragement.
With the COVID-19 emergency, this is a bizarre time in our lives. But I am confident we will all get through this with fresh outlook.

No comments: