Sunday, March 08, 2020

New technology is great

It was a few years ago in Timmins that the doc said I was Type-2 Diabetic. So my body does not process sugar as it should. So that means having foods and beverages that have a lot less sugar. This is good, but it means checking my blood-sugar levels all the time. That can be a bit irritating because it means pricking your fingertips with a tiny lancet and then using a test strip to measure the blood sample.
Today I began using a new system. It's called the Freestyle Libre. You attach a sensor to you upper arm. It's about the size of a loony and it had a tiny filament that embeds in your skin. The sensor measures your blood sugar every minute and stores the data for two weeks. To make it work properly you wave the scanner device over the sensor once every eight hours.
Everything is downloaded to a computer app. So this is my new thing. Cool.

No comments: