Monday, April 29, 2019

Winning awards ...


We had champagne at the office on Friday. I wasn't surprised. I am now working for an independent publisher and they like to do things their way. Very different from working for the corporate newspaper companies. The champagne was a celebration of the fact this local newsroom snatched up the top six awards for 2018 at the Ontario Community Newspaper Association awards event. This all happened before I arrived, but I am still proud of the team.
The reporters here at Northern Life earned those awards through hard work and dedication. How cool is that? I think it shows the importance of local newspapers, as compared to the national newspaper companies. It also shows there is a significant cadre of local news reporters still on the job in smaller newspapers across Ontario and across Canada doing exceptional work. 

No comments: