Saturday, July 16, 2016

It is okay to be offended. Roll with it.

Yes, I know I am getting mellow in my older age (Notice I didn't write OLD age). I was going through the news websites this morning, getting caught up on all the stuff from the past week. I too am shocked, saddened and shaking my head about the terrorist attack in France. I clicked on one story only to discover if was a video of the truck in Nice. There was a warning that the video contained explicit images. I stopped watching. Then I realized that I had done something so simple, that I wish more people would do it. We often get complaints that our news images are too shocking. Well, yes, that might be. So if you don't like it, don't look. Don't try impose your views on everyone else and have the images removed. Stop looking. It's as easy as that. If you're offended, that's okay. You have the right to be offended. So, get over it. I have the right to be offended too, so I stop looking. But I do not have the right to stop you from looking at something in the news.

No comments: