Sunday, May 22, 2016

Good news for Dome Mine ...

It was satisfying this week to find out that they're extending the life of the Dome Mine for a few more months, no doubt in response to the gradually increasing price of gold. I got a whiff of the story Thursday night and as luck would have it, I bumped into the mine manager about 15 minutes later at a social event. I pulled him aside to see if there was any truth to the story. You can imagine my surprise when he confirmed it, and then unloaded the details on me.
It was funny when I asked the mayor for a comment and at first the mayor didn't believe me, then said how pleased he was at the good news.
I just hope the price of gold keeps moving north. I have lots of geologist friends who assure me there is still lots of gold beneath Timmins that hasn't been found yet ...

No comments: