Thursday, December 18, 2014

Commenters. Ugh!

Commenters get under my skin. I am talking about those people who feel they have to have insert their clever witticisms on just about every internet news story. I say this because I am a person who reads everything I can about a subject, often in the pursuit of new information. This means I regularly browse the Internet versions of the Toronto Star, the Globe and Mail, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. They usually have the best reports on breaking news stories. But they also have some of the gawd dammed stupidest commenters I have ever encountered. Over time I have come to notice that many of these folks are repeat commenters who seem to feel the need to add their two-cents to every issue. Back in the day, it was always interesting to read the letters to the editor where people would submit thoughtful and meaningful opinions on a news story. Not anymore. What's worse is that the comments quickly stray from being about the original issue into petty pissing matches between different commenters. It is a shame. These people are collectively making our society appear so stupid. I guess this is the price we pay for free speech.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work sir.

Hope my 'comment' makes your day.

Len said...

I LIKE comments here... LOL.
Thanks, Len.