Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I talk too much

Yeah, I know. I talk wayyyy too much to people. I think it's one of the good things about Timmins, and not so good things. Ha ha ha. I left the office at 6:00 p.m. but I bumped into our city editor having a smoke at the front door. We chatted and before you know it, 15 minutes had passed. So I scooted over the YIG to pick up a couple of things. I got cookies, Jos Louis cakes, crackers, and stuff for soup. And I bumped into people at the store, so yeahhh, we yakked and yakked some more. Then as I was checking out the cashier felt like chatting... so there we were, smile and nod, smile and nod. I finally got away about 10 minutes later. There was no one else at the fast-lane check out. I got home just a short while ago. Put on boiling water, chopped up carrots, celery, added spices, barley and added the Campbell Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato broth. Looked at the clock. It was 7:48!
So now I am having a drink and waiting for the soup... I guess it will be just right in about an hour.
So I have a new toy in my vehicle. I purchased one of those dash cams. I have been researching them for about a year and finally Garmin came out with a nice affordable model. $200, on sale of course. It has HD quality, records excellent video day and night, and comes with a built in GPS and speedometer. Also, in a crunch, I can disconnect it from the dash and use it as a news cam.
In other news, I got back into my e-reader these past couple of weeks. Oh my goodness, I am reading a Giller Prize winning book ~ The Book of Negroes. It is riveting. I can barely put it down during my morning coffee so I can go to work. Wow, what a book.

No comments: