Sunday, January 26, 2014

Thank You Logging Truck Man ...

It’s just one of those things. If you stray too far from the beaten path, you’re gonna get stuck. Sure enough I was out on a remote logging road south of Timmins Sunday morning, minus 36, following a photo opportunity where a road grader went off a bridge. Paramedics, police and fire crews were all there. I got within about 500 metres of the scene. A first responder said keep to the right of the road, because we can’t block the ambulance coming out. Keep to the right is a good idea until the side of the road suddenly disappears in the soft snow. My  vehicle got stuck real good. A team of six firefighters was not able to push it out. Luckily, there was a massive logging truck nearby with a nice big chain. Guy pulled me out in about 15 seconds.  He was a very nice fellow so I gave him 20 bucks for Timmies. I don’t feel too bad about the morning. A Timmins firetruck and a Timmins Police cruiser also went off the road at this call.

No comments: