Friday, September 21, 2012

Nothing to get excited about ...


The thrill is gone. There was a time that getting a new computer was something special. I really used to get excited about all the things new computers were capable of. Not anymore. About two weeks ago I got two brand new computers. The company bought me a new laptop, a very nice Dell, that I can use on remote assignments. But the main reason was that the laptop had a new processor fast enough to handle our new websites and news service.

So I decided it was time to get new home computer as well. Yes, it’s faster and has all the bells and whistles. It's a shiny new HP desktop model. So now that’s all set up here at home. The funny thing is, I don’t see the computers as anything to get excited about other than the fact that they’re important tools for me to get my work done.


No comments: