Sunday, September 11, 2011

Museums

I like visiting museums. On my recent holiday there was one thing I noticed about all the big museums in the U.K. They're free. Once you're inside, there is a good effort to get you to buy programs, souvenirs and such, but there is no admission charge. It's not like that here in Canada. I was pleased to be able to visit museums and once I discovered there was no charge, I was pleased to make a donation ... usually five or ten pounds, which it what I might have paid anyway. The nice thing about the no admission system is that I pleased to see lots of children and families visiting the museums. I am glad I took lots of photos. I was able to see the one of the captured Nazi Enigma code machines that British Intelligence used in World War Two. It was a huge secret, but some historians estimate that by having this little code machine, Britain was able to shorten the war by two years.

No comments: