Friday, September 30, 2011

And that's the kind of day it has been...

Well here we are on the final day of September and I am happy to say Timmins had one of the best summers and one of the nicest fall seasons I can remember. It was cool this morning. Cool enough that I had to wear my Cowichan sweater which was nice. But really it was a nice day overall. That got me thinking about the west coast and Neil. It seems that Neil, according to my sources, is having some second thoughts about moving back east this fall. That’s okay, but I sure do miss him. Maybe he will be able to get away for a bit this coming winter.
Some friends of mine from Timmins are on the VIA rail train to Vancouver this week and I insisted they drop in to see Neil. So just before they left on Wednesday, they called to get his info so they could drop by. Then on Thursday, cousin Valerie was the guest of honour at a lunch at Casey’s. Marie and Moe called to make sure I dropped by. Val (actually she is my neice) is on her way to Arizona for a job with a mining company. So she will be away for awhile. Her man Dennis, a mining engineer, is on his way up to Vancouver next week, so we are insisting that Dennis drop in for a beer with Neil. Lunch at Casey’s was nice as I got caught up with a lot of the family. Speaking of family, I have been chatting with Jennifer and we will all be together for Thanksgiving. But we are not sure whether it will be at camp, or in Val Caron. Either way it will be nice to spend time with the boys again. The boys are all excited because they’re gearing up for hockey season. They may be doing some bird hunting and Jennifer said it’s okay to have a pop shoot! That’s what we did last year and it was a hoot. So I will have to grab some ammo and a few cases of really stale and warm cream soda. You’re gonna love the pictures.

No comments: