Monday, April 18, 2011

Things are good.

Well I haven't dropped in here for awhile, but some exciting things are happening.
One is that I am seriously considering a vacation trip this summer to Scotland. I have submitted the time off request, which is the first step, so we will see where that goes. I am also seeking out some genealogical information on the Gillis family and its connection to the village or Morar in northern Scotland. Several people are helping including my cousin, Glen MacNeil, who is on assignment with Canadian Forces in Jerusalem right now. I may have to wait until he returns to Halifax to get some fresh information.
Secondly, right now there is excitement in Timmins. The price of gold is nudging the $1500 per ounce mark. That will be the highest price in history and a huge milestone. Timmins is one of the few cities in the world built on gold. Mining exploration here is at a fever pace. If we top $1500, I am betting we will see a huge rush on for claim staking and drilling.
Best news for last. I will be spending Easter with Jenn and the Alexanders again in Westree. Sounds like we're going to have a wonderful time. Stay tuned.

No comments: