Sunday, February 20, 2011

Things are booming ...

Another busy week is zooming by. Friday was stressful since the company came in and installed a new publishing program on the MAC. This was the third Friday in a row to attempt this and now it seems to be working! Woohoo. I have to learn a new program and it's not too different from other desktop publishing efforts so I am sure I will get used to it.
Today is Sunday and it was fun to watch as Goldcorp, one of the local gold mining companies blasted away a headframe to make room for a new pit. Yeah, so things are booming in Timmins. Ha ha ha. Thank goodness for gold!
So I took a few photos and got the story up on the website right away. See it here.
I also noticed this morning that the odometer on the truck turned over at a very evil looking 66666. So of course, I had to snap a photo. I don't know if the number is evil or not, but it was gone about one kilometre later!I almost forget to mention I was feeling silly Saturday morning, thinking of the fun I have when Tyler and Nathan are around. I had a bunch of icicles hanging outside a window ... so I got a tray of ice cubes and my slingshot. I had fun shooting down the icicles. Sure wish the boys could have been here!

No comments: