Saturday, January 08, 2011

Good things happening...

About time I got in here for a few words. The first week of 2011 has been good and busy. I was so pleased to celebrate the New Year with company in my home. Victoria, Tyler and Nathan were my guests. We all had a good time by first going out to dinner and then back home for an evening of Wii. I actually went out and bought the newest console so now I am such a gamer. It’s fun and whew, some days it’s a good workout too. The kids celebrated the actual new year by rushing onto the balcony and shouting out a countdown and then blowing their little paper horns. It was so funny to watch them. Those kids make me laugh. What a joy they are.
My treat last night was to sign up with Netflix. That’s the movie and TV service that suits my needs perfectly. I didn’t want to go with Cable TV. I don’t have time to sit down and watch scheduled TV. Netflix lets me pick and choose movies or TV shows that I like and then watch them whenever I feel like it. It comes through on my Wii, takes about 30 seconds to download and it is excellent quality.
One good part is that the first month is free so I get to see if I really like it. After that it’s only $7.99 a month and there is no term contract… so I can quit whenever. I just hope I don’t become a TV junkie! Oh, and there are about 100,000 movies and TV shows to choose from. I will keep you posted.
Right now I am enjoying one of my Christmas gifts. I got a Tim Horton’s ceramic coffee mug that is so perfect I don’t use any of my other mugs. I keep using it and washing it and using it again.

2 comments:

North Dark Blue said...

Hi

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for checking in :)