Saturday, November 20, 2010

Yup, winter is back.

Another Saturday morning, but today it is all white and bright outside the living room window. Timmins finally got slammed with snow yesterday and this time I think it will stay. Scott, Jennifer and the boys will sure miss it. They're spending a week in Mexico! Scott sent an e-mail mentioning that he and Jenn were sitting on the balcony of their suite, enjoying margeritas, warm breezes and a fabulous view of the ocean while the boys were playing in the pool. I just know that he would rather be driving the plow up and down his driveway this morning!
I was in North Bay Friday and I had the option of spending the night, but I got out of my meeting early so I decided to head north and drive home. It wasn't too bad until I got north of Kirkland Lake. That's when a few mild flurries became a white-out. So it was white-knuckle driving for about three hours at 45 to 55 kilometres per hour. There were three or four minor auto crashes along the way. No reports of anything serious occurred. At one point, I couldn't figure out why everything was so dark behind me. Then I realized that the back window was caked in frozen snow. Things finally cleared up in South Porcupine, about five kilometres from the front door.

No comments: