Sunday, November 28, 2010

Footwear

The new 2011 Timmins phone book is out. For the first time in more than 35 years, my name is not there or in any other phone directory. I took the advice - or it might be more accurate to say I followed the prediction of a friend - and I got rid of my home phone some time ago. My cell phone is all I need and it's way less expensive than having a landline.
Another milestone of sorts came and went without much fanfare. No big deal really, but this week I pulled my heavy duty winter Sorels out of the closet, put 'em on and was out the door. We had a good snowstorm this week and it was time for the heavy boots. Usually I wait until there is a really big blizzard or extreme cold. Maybe I am just getting lazy, but my Sorels fit like an old pair of skates and it's so easy to wear them.
That's another thing. Maybe I should buy a new pair of skates. I haven't had any for some time. But skating has always been something I loved. Neil grabbed my last pair about about ten years ago. Comfort is an issue for me. My left foot has never been quite right since that accident in the mine when I got a steel bar through it. It's had to find a pair of skates that I can wear for more than an hour or so.
By the way, it's a nice Sunday morning here. Coffee is good. Had a nice chat with Jennifer last night about her trip to Mexico. She said it was great and she said the best part for her was just getting away from it all and spending time with her guys and relaxing. We didn't chat long. She put me on the phone with Tyler for a while... I should have known, there was a hockey game on! It was great to chat with Ty. He is a cool ten-year-old who notices a whole lot more than you'd think a kid his age would see. It's like getting a fresh view of the world. Coffee needs a refill...

No comments: