Sunday, April 18, 2010

Go west old man... : )

Wow, a whole week has gone by. Lots has happened. Jennifer and the family are doing fine. I have chatted with her about four times this past week. And I spoke with Neil too. I am planning a holiday. Neil has been living west of the Rockies for a few years now, so I figure it's time to visit his neck of the woods. Can't wait to show up at his place in Vancouver and have him buy the beer. It will be a few months yet, but I think it will be nice to get out of Timmins for awhile. Vancouver will be nice, and we'll also get a chance to drop over to Victoria. I might even get a chance to get to the airbase at Comox to see if any family members are home from Afghanistan. If I get time I plan to zip down to Seattle to see the aviation museum at the Boeing plant. It's considered one of the best in the world. Besides, I checked online for some hotels in Seattle and was very pleased to discover that persons over age 50 get a seniors discount! As I look at the sun shining out the window, I am hoping spring has arrived in Timmins. We had snow on Friday, and it didn't stay long, but it was annoying for mid-April. It has been a mild winter, but I think Mother Nature is playing tricks on us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WEll Len i think it is time that you take time for yourself and take a nice holiday. Everyone needs time away once in awhile. A change of pace is always good. I always thought that you didn't take enough time or a good break from work...lol. I know you love your job, but a holiday is great also, especially when spent with family. Enjoy it to the fullest when you go...have alot of fun.
Take care and keep smiling :)