Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A rough day for Jennifer

Wednesday, Day 5 of the chemo-cocktail and Jennifer is feeling weak, tired, and a bit achey. If that wasn’t enough, she got a fever somehow today and they’re treating that with anti-biotics and more IV fluids. She said it was a rough day. Despite that we were able to share a few laughs tonight just chatting about daughter-dad stuff. She says the fever is making her weak and the medical staff have isolated her from most visitors. But she says she does enjoy the fact that she’s has received many, many very nice Care Mail messages. She also got a couple of very nice phone calls including a chat with her favourite little brother, Neil. She felt pretty good about that. One of the good things about the meds she is on is that she is sleeping a lot more. I am sure that makes the day a bit easier for her. She said she felt bad a couple of times today when Denise or Scott would come by the room … she would be awake for awhile and then just drift off to sleep. With that in mind, I didn’t chat long with Jenn tonight. But I knew she was awake when I told her I loved her and to have sweet dreams.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Len...Not sure if we've ever met in person but I am Carole Chamberlain's older sister Cindy...I would love if you could pass on to Jen a huge hug and only positive thoughts from myself and my family...Much appreciated...Cindy Chamberlain

Len said...

Cindy, yes, I remember you and I was happy to tell Jenn about your kind words. Keep smiling, Len.