Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Not a bad day after all : )

Today (Tuesday) was Day 4 of chemo-therapy for Jennifer and she says she was feeling sick as soon as she woke up, but says she is a bit amazed that the medical staff is giving her Benadryl to fight off the nausea. She says it seems to work okay, except for a few times when she thinks about certain foods… and then she gets woozy. But Jenn says she was happy with her physio therapy today. She said she was able to lift her legs a bit so that’s a positive sign, but like Jenn says, there is still a long way to go. She says it takes a lot of intense concentration to make the connection from her brain to her legs, but she says it seems to slowly be getting better. She said she was pleased that her physio therapist was so happy. Jenn also had some quick visitors today. John and Gerry dropped by and that was a good thing, and so did her long-time girlfriend Roberta. Roberta drove up from Owen Sound. Ontario is a big province and the drive from Owen Sound took five hours! To make the day nicer, Aunt Sue called from Timmins and Jenn said that was a really welcome call. Scott was in with Tyler today, but poor Nathan had to say home as he still has sniffles. Nathan is promising to get better real soon. But she said she really had a nice talk with Tyler. Scott is back at work and while he is glad to be back on the job, he tells Jenn it is sometimes hard to stay focussed on work. I sure know that feeling. I also had some positive thoughts today as I ran into two different people, at two different times and they each know of adults with leukemia who are survivors. That made my day. I am also feeling guilty that I have missed three phone calls from my brother Ronald … Either I am on the phone with Jenn or out of the house… or sometimes just sleeping. It doesn’t help that my phone is busy when I go online, because I still have dial-up internet service. I am sure we will connect soon.

2 comments:

~Vanessa~ said...

Dial up?!! Get with the times Uncle Len lol
It's great to hear she lifted her legs, that's awesome!!! She's definately a fighter and is making progress so that really good news. I sent her one of those caremail emails last night so I hope she gets it.

Unknown said...

go jenn go go jenn go go jenn go go jenn go ect !!!!! YEH JENN