Sunday, September 13, 2009

A lot to learn

Jenn was tired, or maybe just really, really relaxed when we talked tonight. I almost didn’t get through to her. I found out that the hospital switchboard won’t take patient calls after 10:00 p.m. But I guess my plea to the switchboard person was urgent enough, yet polite enough, that I got through for a quick chat. Jenn says Day 2 of chemo-therapy seems to be okay, but she says she feels tired, likely because of the anti-nausea drugs she is taking. Anyway, she was tired enough that in the middle of our chat, she would just do a really big yawwwwn… I laughed. Then I started yawning. It happened a few times. Maybe she was giving me a hint. She usually dozes off before 11:00 p.m.
Jenn says she got a graphic impression of how powerful the chemo drugs are today. The nurse had to wear special white coveralls and goggles as he hooked the IV solution up to her PICC lines. Jenn said the nurse explained that the drugs are highly acidic and cannot come into contact with bare skin. I have the feeling that we will be learning lots about these things in the coming days.

2 comments:

Line said...

OH my poor Jenn, I'm really glad that the anti-nausea meds are working thus far. We certainly don't want her sick. I hope she has a good night's sleep. Love that girl!!!!!

Anonymous said...

keep smiling Jenn were all praying for you. Even in Sault Ste. Marie