Monday, January 23, 2006

Aunt Sadie's Apple Crisp


What a great recipe. Just made it. Two or three times a month, I make a dish of Aunt Sadie's Apple Crisp. It's the best dessert ever. When I was a kid, my dad's Aunt Sadie would stay with us. She always made apple crisp and we loved it. I still make it... and I eat it in the morning! For breakfast! It's great with coffee. Recipe: Peel and chop up six apples. Put 'em in the dish. Mix up 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 cup of quaker oats and a half cup of butter or margerine. Sprinkle it over the apples. Bake it at 325 for 30 minutes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no cinnamon or vanilla? You need my mother's recipie Len. In fact, I'm off to make some for myself right now....I'd been thinking about it for 2 days now and haven't done it because I have a few extra pounds on right now but what the hell, I have some extra cortlands laying around that I picked in the valley this past fall. Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is too much! Printed out Aunt Sadie's Apply Crisp... Bet that's something I'll be able to eat in the morning, most challenging appetite time for moi.

Had no idea about these blog sites as you know. Thanks for passing your address along and exposing me to my first experience.

Thanks too for your kind email. Trust this is confidential since I clicked anonymous.

'Til later,
CHEERS! Deb

Anonymous said...

Hey Len

That's an awfully big dish of apple crisp for one person... you'd think by now that the apple crisp or portions of it would make its way into the office... into the fridge... or on to my desk...
- the Anonymous Nosher

Anonymous said...

hey good looking, how have you been?? well i've been meaning to get this recipe off of you for a while now and never really had the time of the pen and paper to write it down. i really like to read your stuff. pretty cool web site you got there. keep it up. anyways take cake and will talk to you later.