Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Where the hell have I been

 I write for a living. LOL. I am still writing and still living. That comes as a surprise to many of my friends who are now well and truly .-- and deservedly -- retired.

Not this old man. I still wander into the office every morning, to write up stories and go out on assignments. By the way I like the new company photo they took. 

I was out covering a mining conference and I wore a suit that day, so it looked kind of nice.


Part of the reason is that I took some time off, a couple of months actually back in March 2020 when the pandemic first hit. I don't know if it was the cold weather or the fact that most of us were on lockdown, but I got so bored. I was afraid I was going bananas.

There is also the money, which I enjoy. I don't spend much. I save lots. I can easily afford whatever I want  so that is nice. But I am convinced I am just really cheap. The company gave us a bunch of Cash cards at Christmas. It took me about four months before I spent the money.

So I am planning a bit of travel this summer. Nothing special. But I do owe Neil a visit.  More on that later.

I enjoyed a trip to Toronto back in April for the season opener of the Blue Jays.  It was fun to sit on a bus, drink beer, have a couple of whiskies and just enjoy the outing. 


So enough for now. I will be back here soon.

No comments: