Wednesday, December 21, 2022

The best visit

 So Christmas is approaching, but this year things seem just so different. I haven't put up a tree or anything like that, but thank goodness that Jennifer has. She has two trees up at the house; one in the living room and one in the rec room. She has also put up a tree and many decorations at the camp. It's nice.

I was so pleased that Neil visited us last week from Vancouver. It was just the best visit ever.   We spent a week laughing, drinking, eating great food and enjoying each other's company. 

Jennifer invited both of us to head to camp for an evening. I was surprised at how much fun it was, especially with a fabulous salmon steak dinner. I enjoyed listening to Jenn and Neil discussing the best ways to cook the salmon, the asparagus and the little roasted potatoes.  It is so amazing -- and entertaining -- to think about how my little kids became such brilliant adults. I take no credit. But I love seeing them, listening to them, being with them.




No comments: