Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Hoping for brighter days

So today I confess I complained with some of my co-workers about the price of gasoline. I shouldn't have. I am sure it is going to get worse. But then I figured if that is all I have to complain about, I am really not doing too badly.

I had to send off a note of condolence to a friend whose mother died last week. That is always difficult for families to go through.

Of course, I am thinking about the poor people of Ukraine who are dealing with a mad man from Russia trying to destroy their country. 

Those poor people are suddenly losing everything they hold dear, but they are also hungry, thirsty, cold and in danger.

I feel badly for younger people. We have done everything we can to make life easier for young people, just because we love them and want to see them enjoy things more. 

Then we get a pandemic. Then we get a war. 

For younger people who have never had any suffering of any sort, this is all terribly unfair. 

I wish I had answers. 

No comments: