Monday, December 20, 2021

Updating --- Got my third shot

December has been an unusual month in Sudbury in that we have had an unusual number of COVID-19 cases in the district. In fact, Sudbury has leading most of Northern Ontario in that respect. I was pleased when the province announced that third-dose booster vaccines were being made available to residents aged 50 and older. So last week like hundreds of other city residents, I was off to the local hockey arena to get the shot. It was a reassuring thing. My QR code vaccine passport has already been updated, showing that I have my third shot.
Had a nice visit with Jenn and her family Sunday. It was the first time I had been over to the house in almost a month. The last time was Nathan's birthday supper, which was nice. It is always great to spend time with the boys, but I enjoyed it a little bit more by getting to see Nate's son Ace (My great grandson). It was nice to see the rest of the family, but Ace has a way of making himself the star attraction these days.
Work has been good in the past month because we have been so busy. I really like the newsroom gang and we manage to get a lot of good work done together. We had a secret Santa gift exchange at work and I was more than pleased when one of my coworkers bought me a toque and a nice bottle of Scotch whiskey. I will save it for a special occasion. Also, in recent weeks I have been researching a lot on the popularity of Bourbon whiskies. I have tried a few of the better Bourbon's and am really surprised at how smooth and tasty many of them are. I still enjoy a Scotch, but there are some lovely new choices out there to experiment with.

No comments: