Friday, October 15, 2021

The price of e-books is getting up there

Well I love my books, but I am finding them too difficult to read. My eyesight, which is pretty good in most situations, is just not always up to reading the smaller fonts in a lot of novels and paperbacks. I decided earlier this year I would have to rely more often on my Kobo e-Reader. That way, I can choose a bigger font. :)

This is a good thing except that I find the price of Kobo books is getting a little bit higher than I like. I really don't mind paying extra dollars for a really good book, but now I have to open the book and make sure that I can read the size of the print. Also, I don't have much of chance of finding a book I like at the used book store. They're all paperbacks with smaller fonts.
So I was searching through the Kobo website this week and I was unhappy to find new books priced at $15 to $20. That would be costing me $80 to $100 a month!
I think I will see if I can find a website for e-Readers with discount prices. 
I have thought about audio books, but the last time I tried to listen to a book, I fell asleep! LOL


No comments: