Saturday, September 04, 2021

Ahh. Tea.

It is just after 4 p.m. and I have enjoyed an amazingly good cup of tea. I say that because I know I just feel much better now than I did 30 minutes ago. There are times in the day when I do need a good cup of coffee, to bring me around and give a shot of alertness. But tea is different.

I like tea at this time of day because it just gives me that all round feeling on well being. I have my own way of making it and after looking at some tea recipes online, I think I am in good company. I was told long ago -- I can't remember who said it -- but one adds boiling water to the tea, not the other way around. 

I noticed it also this week on Netflix since I am re-watching (for the fourth time) Downton Abbey. In one episode Lady Mary added boiling water to a teapot, swished it around, poured it out and then added the tea leaves. Moments later she added the boiling water. Then you add the milk. 

So I do the same, whether at home or work. I am fussy about it -- I can imagine the eye rolling now. What? Me? Fussy?

I was brought up drinking tea. I remember my Mom giving me a cup of tea on cold winter nights when I was only seven or eight years old. I remember sitting with Grandma in her kitchen in Mira when I was a boy having a cup of tea with hot biscuits. Talk about happy memories.

My choice of tea is Red Rose, which is from Kenya. And it is real tea, made with tea leaves. Orange pekoe "black" tea.

Now I know there are other beverages called tea. But unless they're made with tea leaves, they are an "infusion".

No comments: