Wednesday, July 15, 2020

COVID news coverage ...

Sitting in the newsroom on Tuesday I asked a co-worker what I could use at a press conference to hold my little audio recorder. Normally I just hold it close to the face of the person talking to get a good recording of what the person has to say. Not anymore. We all have to keep our distance.
"Use a hockey stick" said the co-worker. I thought he was joking. He wasn't. He said Molly from the TV station used a hockey stick to hold her microphone. Good idea. I drove out to see Jennifer. We went to the shed in the backyard. There had to be a dozen old sticks there. So I showed up at the news conference with the hockey stick this morning and no one even blinked. I taped the recorder to the end of the stick and it worked just fine!

No comments: