Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Yes! Back in the game on Monday ...

Not sure if this is good karma or just good luck, but I have been invited back to work. I got the call Monday and after a very quick interview, I agreed to a 10-month contract that begins on June 1st. I will be back in the Sudbury newsroom and back in the journalism game.
(See my posting below from March 20, 2020.)

I have to admit I was slowly getting used to the idea of being at home and doing whatever I liked, especially when I could hit the couch mid-morning with a great cup of coffee and a good book. For several hours a day I would totally immerse myself into whatever great novel I was reading. What a luxury.

Then there were times I would stare at the wall and think, what the hell am I doing? My life is passing me by and I am stuck here. And then I would think of so many other people in the world who are indeed struggling in hard situations. So, slap my face and think positive! So yes, this is a good thing and I am blessed with a good life.

No comments: