Tuesday, December 03, 2019

My parka came back


Well I am pleased as I can be today. My parka was mailed back to me from Canada Goose. I sent it to Toronto ($23 by Canada Post) to have the fur around the hood replaced ($50). They did a nice job with that. Then they gave it a full inspection, checked it over and repaired all the tiny rips and loose threads from 12 years of use. Warranty - free of charge.  They also replaced the reflective tape. The return shipping was free and included a new heavy duty Canada Goose garment bag for storing the parka during the summer. I am impressed.

I figure the parka should be good for another five years. Which is interesting because my first winter parka, made by Woods, lasted for 17 years. Here is an old photo taken in December 1979 when I had that first Woods parka. This was taken in Greenland, following a trip to Baffin Island. Good times. 

No comments: