Saturday, December 28, 2019

All is good ...

Christmas is good, although when I think about it, for me it is more like Thanksgiving.  I really have to be thankful for the life I have and the family members and friends who make it special.
I was pleased to get a call from Scott a few days ago informing me that although Jennifer was working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, it was decided to have a nice Christmas Eve dinner at the house in Val Caron. And so it was. The evening was nice. Jenn showed up just before 8 p.m. The boys were there with their girlfriends. We had food, drinks and a really nice night around the tree to open gifts. Jenn had to go to bed early but Scott and I enjoyed the better part of a bottle of Jameson Whiskey.

I was more than surprised when Scott and his family gave me the most unexpected gift; a photography drone. I was so surprised … and pleased. I truly would never has purchased one myself, but now that I have it, I like it. I have had a couple of hard landings but nothing serious :)

I am now in the process of teaching myself how to use it. I have not yet been outside with it, but I have had about 20 flights so far, in my apartment. I am, at the stage of where I can make it take off, hover, move up and down, forward and back and turn. I figure if I can figure out how to operate this thing within the confines of my living room, I should be able to control it better when I am outside. It takes a bit of concentration but I am enjoying it.
I was also pleased to create a Christmas gift this year. I took a photo of the three grandchildren -- Nathan, Victoria and Tyler -- when they were in Westree at Thanksgiving. It's not often the three kids get together so I wanted to be sure to grab a nice photo now that they are young adults. Then I photoshopped the picture for a watercolour effect. At the bottom, I did the Hallmark thing and added a verse from a famous Dolly Parton.  I gave a copy to Denise & Don, and Jennifer & Scott. I figure the message can be from the kids to the family, and also from the family to the kids.  I hope they like it. (Click on the photo to make it larger.)

No comments: