Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Explosive testimony ...

I am having a hard time believing what I heard today when MP Jody Wilson-Raybould testified before the justice committee to reveal that there had indeed been pressure on her as Canada's Attorney General to back off on the SNC Lavalin case. Her testimony has left Ottawa in shock.  She demonstrated she is a person of truth and integrity. Hard to believe she is a Liberal.
In all the years I have been watching federal politics I don't think there has been a scandal as bad as this. It is beyond scandal. It is actually unlawful.  This is the type of thing that should bring down the government. Back in the day, the "honourable" thing for the Prime Minister would be to tender his resignation to the House of Commons.
I doubt that will happen.  Gerald Butts, Justin's chief of staff has already resigned. He knew this was going to be a shit storm. Oh well, it might be a good thing this is an election year. The election is set for the third week of October. But I fear Canadian voters have short memories. We are in for some interesting times.

No comments: